The Need of Innovative and Comprehensive Change in Education and Training
General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong approved Resolution No. 29-NQ/TW at 8 th Plenum of the 11th Party Central Committee regarding Innovative and comprehensive change in education and training to meet the national need of Industrialization and modernization in socialist-oriented market economy and international integration.
MOH Promulgated Competency Standards for Healthcare Providers
- Promulgated “Basic competency standards for General practitioners”: On May 18th , 2015, Ministry of Health approved Resolution No. 1854/QD-BYT regarding “Basic competency standards for General practitioners”.
- Promulgated “Basic competency standards for Midwives in Vietnam”: On January 24th , 2014, Ministry of Health approved Resolution No. 342/QD-BYT regarding “Basic competency standards for Midwives in Vietnam”.
- Promulgated “Basic competency standards for Nurses in Vietnam”: On April 24th , 2012, Ministry of Health approved Resolution No. 1352/QD-BYT regarding “Basic competency standards for Nurses in Vietnam”.
The Time for International Integration
Asian Integration on December 31st , 2015 is both an important opportunity and challenge for medical training institutes. It required appropriate changes to meet developmental movement. If we do not use this opportunity and overcome the challenges, education will be lag behind
The Establishment of Center for Elaboration Competency and Innovation in Clinical Simulation (CECICS)
There are numerous clinical simulation centers in the world; however, less than 500 of these simulation centers received accreditation bestowed by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH). Several universities and schools of medicine in Vietnam also developed clinical simulation facilities but none attained the international recognition.
Pham Ngoc Thach University of Medicine (UPNT), a multidisciplinary institution, was established in 1989 under the auspices of the People Committee of Ho Chi Minh City. Recognizing the importance of integrating clinical simulation into the new competency-based curriculum, the UPNT School Board of Managers approved the establishment of a new clinical simulation center in November 2017: the Center for Elaboration Competency and Innovation in Clinical Simulation (CECICS).
As a display of excellence in promoting the competency-based medical education, UPNT and CECICS are strived to accomplish the internationally recognized SSH accreditation in Teaching-Education, Assessment, Research, and System Integration by the end of 2022.
COMPOSITION OF DIVISION AND COMMITTEE
- THE ADVISORY COUNCIL (2 members)
- CECICS’S MANAGER (2 members)
- CECICS’S DIVISION (13 members)
- THE OPERATION COMMITTEE (10 members)
- THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE (12 members)